If a death has occurred, please call us at 406-252-3417. We are here to help you at any time of day or night.
When a death occurs, emotions often override clear thought. In an effort to assist you, we have provided a list of some of the important information needed when making funeral arrangements. You will find it helpful to review this information prior to meeting with one of our funeral directors. Please review Our Signature Service to learn more about our services, facilities and packages.
Data needed to prepare the death certificate, which is required by law
- Full Legal Name
- Date of Birth
- Mother’s First and Maiden Name
- Name of spouse (maiden name of wife)
- Legal Residence
- Years of education
- Social Security Number
- City and State of Birth
Other helpful information to be brought in when making arrangements
- Military Discharge Papers (Form DD 214)
- List of Surviving Relatives and Their Cities of Residence
- Recent Photograph For Cosmetizing and Hair Styling
- Insurance Papers (if used to pay for the funeral)
- Pre-arrangement Funeral Data (if any)
- A full complement of clothing is utilized, including undergarments and outer clothes of your choice. Shoes are not needed. For women, a dress or outfit closed at the neckline and long sleeves are desirable. For men, a suit or sport coat is appropriate
Other Personal Items
- Jewelry, eye glasses and religious items (rosary, medals) may be brought it when the arrangements are made, or prior to the service. On the day of the funeral, we will confirm which items you wish to be left in the casket and which are to be removed.
- Although not required, we prefer that the family bring in clothing if desired. We strongly suggest that any personal items such as jewelry, pictures and other memorabilia be removed prior to cremation as they will be destroyed during the cremation process. These items may, instead, be placed into the selected urn after the cremation has taken place.
Arrangement Appointment Time
- To assure availability of one of our directors and to give you the personal attention and time needed to make the arrangements, please call to schedule a convenient time. Although the majority of arrangements are conducted during normal business hours, we are available on weekends as well.